New Client Information
- We welcome people of all fitness levels and experience. Remember, we were all a “new client” at some point (even your instructors)! Please note that while we welcome potential clients to tour the facility and meet our staff prior to classes, we are here only a few minutes before and after each class as we don't have regular business hours. Please schedule an appointment via email if you wish to come to the studio outside of attending a scheduled class.
- We recommend wearing fitted clothing (such as leggings and a tank top), and you can either be barefooted for class or you can wear grip socks (available for purchase in the studio). All the equipment you need is already at the studio, so just bring a bottle of water (or purchase one there).
- We ask that first time clients arrive about 15 minutes early so we can make sure we have all necessary information entered into your profile, and we can have a chance to go over major items with you. We will then get you set up at the barre with everything you need, and make sure you meet your teacher. **Must be at least 16 years of age. Please note, if you are under the age of 18, we MUST have a parent come in with you to complete the initial paperwork.**
- Upon your arrival and completion of your profile, you will be asked about any injuries, surgeries, etc. that would constitute a need for modifications in certain exercises. This is in an effort to keep you safe and comfortable, while maximizing your workout with us! You will meet your instructor and be given a brief tour of the facility while being directed to the studio room. There, the set-up and minimal equipment will be explained to you before you find your spot at the barre/on the mat.
- As far as the workout itself, just follow the teacher’s instructions and demonstrations, staying in modified positions as you feel necessary. Your teacher will dialogue and demonstrate for the entire hour to help guide you through the class. If at any point you feel like you need assistance or clarification, just raise your hand and your instructor can help you. We will do our best to place you by an experienced client so you have someone close by as a model.
- Our methods are very much based on tactile corrections. We care about your form because it helps you get the most from the workout and it keeps you safe! An instructor might come over to you and correct you during the course of the class – just remember it is a good thing. Also, know that “resets” are a huge part of the method. That means you can come out of the exercise, take a breath, set up your form again, and get back in the exercise – do this as often as you need!
Ready to get started? CLICK HERE and find a class and time that works for you. You can always purchase just the one class, then buy a class pack or an unlimited contract (the best value) later. We recommend beginning with a Classic Barre class before moving on to Bootcamp or Tabata if you are looking for more cardio! Please do not register for Advanced or Fire if you have not taken at least 10 other barre classes.
(If you need to cancel for any reason, please do so before the late cancellation window in order to avoid an additional charge. See detailed description of our cancellation policy in our customer agreement after you create your account.)
Pregnancy is such an exciting and important time in your life! Whether planning to become pregnant, currently pregnant, or postpartum, maintaining a healthy lifestyle focused on whole-body wellness is of the upmost importance for you and baby. A consistent and safe exercise routine throughout all of these stages of pregnancy helps you stay fit, increases energy, minimizes stress during pregnancy, prepares you for the rigors of child birth, and makes for a faster recovery post-birth.
At The Sand Barre, we specialize in pre/post natal exercise. Our methods are low-impact and have save, effective modifications for pregnancy. Most of our classes can be taken throughout pregnancy, given the client modifies specific exercises where necessary. Our teachers are all trained to give and demonstrate appropriate modifications to pregnant women.
It is never too late to get started in an exercise routine. If you are actively taking classes at The Sand Barre prior to becoming pregnant, you will have no issues continuing with us throughout pregnancy, utilizing appropriate modifications. If you are new to The Sand Barre after becoming pregnant, or if you have a high-risk pregnancy, we do require a doctor's note clearing you to participate in our program.
We recommend that pregnant clients email us in advance to come in to the studio early before class and discuss their specific needs/goals prior to their first class. This also gives the instructor time to discuss and demonstrate appropriate modifications, as well as recommend specific classes to take.
Our goal is to keep you and baby safe, happy, and healthy throughout the stages of pregnancy!